Skip to content
Meet the presenters at Ditch That Conference 2017!
- Jed Dearybury (South Carolina) — Jed Dearybury is in his 16th year of education with 13 years in the early childhood classroom in Spartanburg, SC, and now the current Director of Professional Development & Communications for the Palmetto State Teachers Association (PSTA). During his classroom tenure, Jed received numerous awards. He was featured in GQ Magazine, met President Obama, and was named as a top 5 finalist for South Carolina Teacher of the Year because of his passion, love, and success in education. Jed has been a presenter and keynote speaker at numerous conferences across the country and is also an the lead organizer of Edcamp Palmetto. He is an advocate for public education in all that he does! Be sure to ask him what he does in his free time! (Twitter: @mrdearybury1) Jed will lead breakout sessions and deliver a short lunch keynote.
- Matt Johnson (South Carolina) — Matt Johnson is in his 13th year in education. He has taught grades 3-6, gifted talented, served as an instructional technology coach, and is now an Assistant Principal at Oakland Elementary School in Boiling Springs, SC. A former District Teacher of the Year, and the current president of the Palmetto State Teachers Association, Matt has shared his expertise with educators across the country. He loves his job and his dogs Biscuit and Bear! (Twitter: @EduCaptAmerica) Matt will lead breakout sessions.
- Joy Kirr (Illinois) — Optimism overcomes obstacles (Julie K.). Gr7 ELA NBCT, always trying to catch up to the students, while enjoying my home life to the fullest. #TTOG #GeniusHour, author of Shift This! (Twitter: @JoyKirr) Joy will lead breakout sessions.
- Gina Ruffcorn (Iowa) — Gina Ruffcorn is a Skype in the Classroom Guide, Skype Master Teacher Founding Member, Skype Master Teacher Mentor, Microsoft Innovative Educator Expert and GoNoodle Event Squad Member.She also has been honored with ambassadorships from GoNoodle, SpellingCity and PenPal Schools. She has a Bachelor’s Degree from Buena Vista University in Storm Lake Iowa and a Masters degree in literacy and 21st century technologies from the University of Nebraska in Omaha. She teaches a 5th grade self-contained classroom at West Harrison Community School in Mondamin, Iowa, where she also is the district technology integrationist. (Twitter: @gruffcorn13) Gina will lead breakout sessions.
- Kim Strobel (Indiana) — Education Consultant, Happiness & Empowerment Coach, Motivational Speaker, Animal Rescuer, but most importantly wife & momma. (Twitter: @strobeled) Kim will lead breakout sessions.
- Chad LeDune (Indiana) — Middle school science teacher, meaningful tech, energizing students about the design process, and ridding the world of boring PD one conference at a time. (Twitter: @Mr_LeDune) Chad will lead breakout sessions.
- Tara Martin (Kansas) — Educator | Administrator | Innovator’s Mindset | Blogger | Forever Learner | Writer | #USD437 | #BookSnaps founder | #tmmreal | @BookSnapsREAL (Twitter: @TaraMartinEDU) Tara will lead a breakout session.
- Evan Mosier (Iowa) — Technology Integrationist Lead Teacher, Google Certified Educator, #ditchbook fan, and 6th grade Language Arts teacher in Davenport, Iowa. (Twitter: @emosier3) Evan will lead a breakout session.
- Sean Fahey (Indiana) — Husband & Father. 6th grade math teacher at GSuite school #DitchBook enthusiast, maker/user of #HyperDocs, @GSuiteEDUhelp contributor, @flipgrid Ambassador (Twitter: @seanjfahey) Sean will lead a breakout session.
- Matt Miller (Indiana) — Author of Ditch That Textbook and the upcoming Ditch That Homework. 11-year high school Spanish teacher. Blogger, presenter, keynote speaker, textbook ditcher. (Twitter: @jmattmiller) Matt will deliver the opening keynote and lead the closing session.